Dannible & McKee, LLP’s expertise in this area has lead to a national practice in performing FAR overhead rate audits and related consulting services.
- In recent years, more and more architectural and engineering (“A/E”) firms are finding that they must have an audited overhead rate in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation Part 31 (“FAR”).
- As evidence of our expertise in FAR overhead audit reporting, we have also been engaged by the New York State Department of Transportation (“NYSDOT”) to perform contract audits of A/E firms.
Why Choose D&M?
- The AASHTO Guide indicates provides specific criteria an A/E Firm should consider in selecting a CPA to perform its FAR audit and we fulfill these requirements.
- We work with professional architectural and engineering firms across the country, providing unique insight into the current trends and issues facing A/E firms in today’s challenging economic climate.
- Our management-based approach to FAR overhead rate engagements goes far beyond the routine overhead rate audit.
FAR Audit Consulting Services
- Assisting management in properly calculating an overhead rate under FAR Part 31.
- Suggesting improvements to a firm’s accounting system to allow for a quick and efficient determination of a firm’s FAR overhead rate.
- Reviewing a firm’s historical FAR overhead rates and comparing to industry standards.
- Analyzing the Firm’s cost structure, accounting system and negotiated contracts to maximize allowable FAR overhead rates.
- Providing guidance regarding governmental overhead examinations and disputes.
Contact us about FAR Overhead Rate Audits:
email@example.com | 315-472-9127