Annual Tax & Financial Planning Conference
Registration and Networking: 11:30 a.m.
Lunch: 12:00 p.m.
Program: 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Cocktail Networking Reception: 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
We invite you to join us at our Annual Tax & Financial Planning Conference, where we will provide valuable insights on the recent tax, accounting and financial changes that impact both businesses and individuals. Our conference offers an excellent opportunity to learn from our experts and equip yourself with key financial planning and year-end tax strategies to help you lighten your tax burden and better achieve your financial objectives.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to network with like-minded professionals and gain the knowledge you need to thrive in the ever-changing world of finance. Up to 3 CPE credits are available to attendees of the conference.
Registration Fee: $50
100% of the proceeds will be donated to the following charities:
- American Red Cross – Central & Northern New York Chapter
- Rescue Mission Alliance of Syracuse, NY
- Hospice of CNY & of the Finger Lakes
Why Local and National Vision and Investment Are Vital for CNY’s Transformation
Economic change is coming to Central New York. A combination of strong local leadership, national interests and geopolitical factors have led to unprecedented opportunity. Ambitious property development projects will reframe our region. Many of these projects are being driven through collaboration between international and local companies and investors and they will have a profound impact on the transformation of our communities.
– Joseph Nehme, Senior Manager of External Affairs, Micron Technology
– Guy Hart Jr., Managing Partner, Hart Lyman Companies
Federal Tax Update for Businesses & Individuals
In this session, we will provide an update on recent tax law changes, rulings and court cases that will have an impact on businesses and individuals in 2023. We will also provide an in-depth look at newly implemented energy tax credits, along with other important tax planning opportunities that can be incorporated into your 2023 strategy and beyond.
– Nicholas L. Shires, CPA, Partner-in-Charge of Tax Services, Dannible & McKee, LLP
Breakout Session I
1) A Deeper Dive Into the Most Current Events and Hot Topics in Federal and State Taxation
In this session, our tax professionals will address Internal Revenue Service and New York State Taxation including legislative changes, credits & incentives, and frequently asked questions.
– Shannon T. Forkin, CPA, CGMA, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
– Brian J. Potter, CPA, CDA, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
– Joseph A. Hardick, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
2) Accounting, Financial Reporting and Employee Benefit Plan Update
This session will provide an analysis of the most recent updates to accounting and financial reporting standards, including insights from the implementation of the new leasing standard in 2022. We will also give an overview of employee benefit plan changes and the SECURE 2.0 Act.
– Joseph Chemotti, CPA, CCIFP, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
– Benjamin A. Sumner, CPA, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
Breakout Session II
3) Fraud: It’s No Longer Just Internal
Understanding critical internal controls within your company is a crucial component in predicting fraudulent activities and mitigating the heavy losses sustained by businesses. With the advancement of technology, more and more companies are finding themselves targets of external fraud. This presentation will highlight ways in which companies need to set up robust controls, not only from an internal approach but also how to train employees to help prevent external fraud.
– Sean T. Daughton, CPA, CFE, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
– Robert C. Reeves, CPA, CFE, Senior Audit Manager, Dannible & McKee, LLP
4) Critical Elements of Effective Buy/Sell Agreements
In this session, we will review important provisions that should be addressed in a company’s buy/sell agreement. In addition, we will touch on the optional elements to consider, depending on the specific objectives of the business owners.
– Deborah E. Finch, CPA/ABV, CVA, CDA, Partner, Dannible & McKee, LLP
– Samuel M. Lyon, CPA, Senior Tax Manager, Dannible & McKee, LLP
Dannible & McKee, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
This is an intermediate-level, live presentation, and the learning objectives are shown in the conference agenda. The prerequisite is basic business knowledge, and no advanced preparation is required.