Tax law for not-for-profits is filled with exemptions, exceptions and limitations, which can make deciphering the Internal Revenue Code and regulations very challenging. At Dannible & McKee, we have the depth of expertise in all areas of not-for-profit compliance and planning that allows us to assist organizations in a variety of ways, so they can focus on accomplishing their exempt purpose without running into tax-related penalties or compliance issues.
Our Not-For-Profit Tax Group provides partner-led, relationship-driven service dedicated to the unique challenges facing not-for-profits. We understand the tax issues these entities face and their impact on an organization’s reporting. We work closely with these clients to make sure returns are prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
Our tax professionals work conjointly with the audit staff in the preparation of Federal Form 990s and state charitable information returns. We provide guidance and planning on hot topics, such as Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT), compensation compliance, related party transactions and other potential problematic tax issues.
Dannible & McKee excels at helping not-for-profits address a full spectrum of tax issues, including:
- IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF
- Unrelated Business Income (UBI) Tax and IRS Forms 990-T
- State and Local Tax Returns
- Application for IRS Exemption
- Registration with State Charitable Bureau
- Related Party Transactions and Advisement
- Compensation Review and Guidance
- Planned Giving
- Reinstatement of Revoked Tax-Exempt Status
- Communication with IRS and State Charities Bureau to Remedy Notices Received or Penalties Assessed