Accounting Services Intern
Dannible & McKee, LLP, a premier certified public accounting and consulting firm in Upstate New York, is accepting internship applications for Accounting Services.
The Accounting Services Intern is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day activities of the Accounting Services department. The Accounting Services Intern will focus on developing and expanding their technical knowledge under the supervision of experienced professionals. The Accounting Services Intern will be provided with the resources necessary to grow, expand and develop as an accounting professional.
- Appropriately communicates and works with other accounting services team members to deliver high-quality services to clients.
- Assist with accounting functions not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, data entry, bank reconciliations, preparation of financial statements, reports and summaries.
- Assist in special projects.
- Prepare financial statements, analyze financial information, and prepare reports and summaries.
- Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge.
- Respond timely to internal requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pursuing an Associates or Bachelors degree in accounting or business-related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines within budgetary parameters
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Manual dexterity sufficient to type, write and answer phone
- Vision sufficient to operate computer and phone
- Hearing sufficient to communicate in person and over the phone
- May be required to walk short distances several times per day
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Anticipated hourly rate: $20 per hour
Dannible & McKee, LLP is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. Qualified candidates can e-mail resume and letter of interest to Danielle Makowiec, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dannible & McKee, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Come work at one of Central New York’s Best Places to Work of 2023.